Tuesday, November 6

It's Monday, What are You Reading? [5]

This meme is hosted at Book Journey.
Because it's still Monday somewhere!

Life

 

I didn't have interpreting school last week so with my extra free time (har) we started planning for our Japanese wedding ceremony.  The average budget made me want to run for the hills.  In Japan the bride spends hundreds of dollars on things like makeup and a western style ball gown for the reception.  What's wrong with having a friend do you up and wearing your wedding dress?  Grah.  It's like culture shock all over again.

Read Last Week

 

at goodreads
Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter #1) ★★★★★ 

Wow! This book sucked me in from the beginning and never let go. There's great action, a kick butt heroine, a deliciously dangerous hero, and an interesting mythology holding everything together. I immediately got the next book in the series....




 

at goodreads

Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter #2) ★★★ 

Review later this week.






at goodreads
 Bound to Please by Lilli Feisty ★★★★

 This was my first foray into true BDSM literature and I liked it! I would say more but I don't have anything to compare it to... a problem I look to be fixing shortly.  I mean, look at my hold titles below, some are pretty obvious.  ~grin~
 

Currently Reading

 

at goodreads
What Every BODY is Saying by Joe Navarro

Non-fiction is good for the soul!  So far it's an interesting, breezy read on what could be a tedious topic - non-verbal communication.  Navarro's background as an FBI agent lends itself to juicy examples and there's lots of pictures to illustrate the gestures.  So far, so good.




at goodreads
The Victory Lab by Sasha Issenberg

This hold came through on the eve of the Presidental election - fate.  My afternoon reading is set!





Next Up

 

at goodreads
Divergent by Veronica Roth

A bunch of holds came through this week, but I'm going to try and power through the non-fiction before digging into another dystopia.











Still Waiting

(books on hold at the library)

Kiss at Midnight - 1 out of 1 (next!) 
Small Space Organizing - 3 out of 3 (six weeks)
Gone Girl - 5 out of 39 (two weeks)
Better than Beauty - 3 out of 9 (one week wait)
Halfway to the Grave - 13 out of 18 (six weeks)
Never Seduce a Scot - (one month)
The Great Inversion and the Future of the American City - 1 out of 1 (next... still!)
The Angel - 8 out of 12 (six weeks)
His Royal Pleasure - 1 out of 8 (next!)
Dark Lover - 16 out of 26 (six weeks)
Pleasure Unbound - 2 out of 13 (two weeks)
Laid Bare - 5 out of 14 (two weeks)
The Siren - 6 out of 9 (three weeks)
How to Be a Woman - 140 out of 140 (two months)

No comments:

Post a Comment