Monday, October 8

It's Monday, What are You Reading? (1)

This meme is hosted at Book Journey.

Life

 

This week was quietly crazy.  I went to the US Consulate in Osaka, took our cat Suzu to the vet, killed some bugs, and did some knitting.  Looking back I can't claim that much on the "finished" list but boy, it took a lot of energy.

This will be more than a book site, I swear, but this is all I have to blog about at the moment, so... yeah.

 

Read Last Week

 

Glory in Death by JD Robb ★★★★

Very good, but maybe I'm not a mystery person after all.  As much as I would like a series to dig into this isn't it.  I will enjoy going back to it now and then, though.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern ★★★★★

Wonderful.  Amazing.  Review forthcoming later in the week.



 

Austenland by Shannon Hale ★★★

I'm backing into Pride and Prejudice by reading Austen-adjacent books.  This one was just okay... the ending may have been the best part.

 

 

 

Currently Reading

 

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I just loaded this onto my e-reader so let's see how this goes.  I've read part of Mead's Georgina Kincaid series and liked it so I'm curious how this will stack up.  It's also a test of YA as a genre, as I haven't had wonderful experiences with it lately.  It's not an all or nothing test, but still.

 

 

 

Next Up

 

This next up section is to say that there will rarely be a next up section.  My next read is largely dictated by the whims of the library's hold system so I never really know what I'll be reading next.  I like it that way.

 

Still Waiting

(books on hold at the library)

Gone Girl - hold 23 out of 42 (roughly a two month wait)
Divergent - hold 4 out of 4 (two month wait)
Crossed - hold 6 out of 6 (three month wait... sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment