Monday, October 29

It's Monday, What are you Reading? (4)

This meme is hosted at Book Journey.

Life

 

This week was all about interpreting school - studying for it, bracing for it, and surviving another class.  I'm utterly drained by the time I make it home but it's worth it.

Suzu is oh so slowly becoming a lap cat and we are thrilled.  This is what we wanted all along but didn't dare hope for.  She also figured out how to open my bedroom door this week (it's a sliding door), which I didn't want at all.  :P



Read Last Week

 

The Paid Companion by Amanda Quick ★★★

I really liked the first half of this book but things seemed to drop off after that. While I worried about the heroine's fate during the novel's set up her rescue at the end was never in doubt. Ooh, the hero's only wrong turn ended up yielding a lot of information, and the bad guy's plans went awry in a predictable way. Not so exciting.

Overall a quick, fun read but not something I'll be returning to.

 All Wound Up by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee ~abandoned against my will~

Against my will?  What could I possibly mean?  Well, when one is met with pages like this you're pretty much stuck:

Some pages were like this, others were missing one half or the other, and yet others were blank.  I don't know if it was my reader or what, but it stopped me in my tracks.


 The Knitter's Book of Socks by Clara Parkes ★★★★

 Review forthcoming later this week.




The Lover Hunt by Jess Michaels ★

I was surprised to see this was only 29 screens long. It's basically one modern sex scene dressed up in Regency garb, confusingly written.




 The Perfect Mistress by Victoria Alexander ★★

This book started off strong but it felt like it used the same plot device over and over: he says something stupid, she gets mad, they make up. The plot inches forward. He says something stupid, she gets mad... ad infinitum. Grah.





Currently Reading

 

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

Dangerous alpha heroes for the win!  I never thought I would be into an "angel" story but this one is shaping up very nicely.



 

Still Waiting

(books on hold at the library)

Gone Girl - 8 out of 37 (two week wait)
Divergent - 1 out of 2 (...still next!)
Small Space Organizing - 4 out of 4 (two months)

I would tell you the rest but my other library is closed due to Hurricane Sandy, boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment